Investment visas in the USA: Choosing between the EB-5 visa and the E2 visa

Both EB-5 and E-2 visas are available to investors for permanent or temporary residence in the United States. Although both visas are investment-related, they have very different effects and requirements. Here are the Usa visa requirements.

What is an E-2 visa?

An E-2 visa is a temporary visa. To receive an E-2 visa, your country of citizenship must be part of the reciprocal trade treaty with the United States. Similarly, if your country is one of the E-2 signatory countries, you may be eligible for an E-2 visa. You also need to know that an E-2 visa does not automatically turn into a green card.

If you are ready to begin the process of building a good faith business in America, the next step is to review your financial situation and determine the amount of investment you can make.

Of course, you have to be financially cautious and check to have funds for your needs and those of your family and those potentially useful for reinvesting in the company, but it is also important to invest in the company as soon as possible. as possible.

Generally, to obtain an E-2 visa, you must make a “substantial” investment in an American company, have a temporary stay in the United States and create a job. Immigration services define “substantial” as the amount of capital the company needs. This can be proven by a complete business plan or other documents.

USCIS grants E-2 visas on a case-by-case basis and monetary investment is not necessarily the only way to obtain an E-2 visa. Intellectual property or equipment may be considered an investment in the business.

What is an EB-5 visa?

An EB-5 visa offers a conditional residence that can become a permanent residence. The requirements for an EB-5 visa are:

  • An investment of at least $ 500,000 or $ 1,000,000
  • The creation of 10 full-time permanent jobs.

The conditional residence period is two years, which then becomes a permanent residence. In general, the process for applying for an EB-5 visa is longer than for an E-2 visa.

If you are an investor seeking temporary or permanent residence in the United States, please contact us.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *